Slip dress – the staple that will never die
The slip dress has made an iconic comeback this season and there’s a reason slip dresses are still the queens of the boudoir: they walk a fine line between casual and elegant, which is so hard to find in another day-to-night piece.
We saw this gorgeous dress in the latest collections of Alexander Wang, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, even Paco Rabanne.
Even if you don’t normally wear this kind of dress, or if you’re not a fan of those ‘90s inspired minimal slip dresses, you can fall in love if you’ll find the right style for you.
How to wear vintage slip dress? Here are some outfits that will make you love this piece:
- The easiest way to wear a vintage slip dress is to keep it simple. Go for darker shades and add accessories like a pair of flat sandals and a floppy hat. They will keep the dress casual and effortless and you’ll be ready for anything.
- If you don’t want to show off too much skin you can opt for a ‘90s throwback: more exactly to layer your slip dress over a t-shirt. You can wear this look with flat sandals or with a pair of gladiator sandals to stay casual.
- For something slightly more polished you can wear a white slip dress with lace. Throw a blazer over your dress and add some heels – you will feel so sexy and cool!
- Want an outfit that will put you instantly into the limelight? Opt for a slip dress with metallic accents and layer it over a white, simple t-shirt for a cool-girl vibe. For an evening look, add to this outfit a pair of over-the-knee boots and if you’re feeling very ‘90s, pair the ensemble with a black choker.
- This summer you can have fun with a slip dress. Just opt for a slip dress in a bright color and add piles of necklaced and a chain belt. Done! You are now ready for a night out!
Which one of these outfits is your favorite? How would you style a slip dress?